EUGENE WATER & ELECTRIC BOARD (EWEB)
RIVERFRONT 42" TRANSMISSION MAIN EXTENSION AND 36" TRANSMISSION BORE
Bids due: April 16, 2020 @ 2:00 pm
INVITATION TO BID
The Eugene Water & Electric Board (EWEB) requests bids for Construction services to complete 42" Transmission Main Extension and 36" Transmission Bore at the Riverfront Redevelopment Site, 8th Street and Hilyard Streets, Eugene.
Bidders shall meet Minimum Contractor and Specialty Subcontractor Qualifications as defined in Section 00450. In summary, these Minimum Qualifications include but are not limited to:
General Contractor shall have:
• successfully managed/completed, during the past seven (7) years, at least three (3) water pipeline or related projects that included the installation of welded steel potable water pipelines 36-inches or larger and at least 500 feet in length.
• successfully managed/completed, during the past seven (7) years, at least three (3) ductile iron water pipeline installation with a diameter of 24-inch or larger at least 500 feet in length.
• successfully managed/completed, during the past seven (7) years, at least one (1) pipeline project that included a railroad bore.
Proposed Construction Superintendent shall be:
• currently employed by the qualified General Contractor and shall have been the construction superintendent on no less than three (3) water pipeline projects during the last seven (7) years which included the installation of welded steel potable water pipelines 36 inch or larger.
• required to be on the project site in responsible charge, full-time, during all construction activities.
• Subcontractor responsible for the installation of the 48-inch jacked and bored casing shall have successfully managed and completed, during the past seven (7) years, at least three (3) railroad bores at least 36-inch in diameter.
Bidders shall comply with all BOLI and CCB requirements, as outlined in www.oregon.gov/BOLI and http://www.oregon.gov/ccb/Pages/index.aspx.
The bid package may be inspected online on the State of Oregon's bid site ("ORPIN"): https://orpin.oregon.gov. (For navigation help, contact the Purchasing Analyst.)
Bid Submission Deadline: Sealed bids shall be submitted to Tracy Davis, Purchasing Analyst, before 2:00 PM Pacific Time, on Thursday, April 16, 2020 and delivered according to the bid submission instructions contained in the bid solicitation document. Bids will be opened immediately thereafter and recorded.
First-tier subcontractor list (Section 00430) shall be submitted, preferably in a separate envelope, by
4:00 PM PT, on Thursday, April 16, 2020.
Bids and required subcontractor’s list received after their respective deadlines will NOT be considered. No faxed bids will be accepted.
Pre-bid site inspection: The site will be made available to bidders for a pre-bid inspection by appointment only. The alignments and stationing will be staked or painted for reference. Questions may be submitted in writing to the Purchasing Analyst, and will be answered via addendum to all interested parties.
By submission of a bid, the bidder agrees to comply with the provisions of 279C.800 through 279C.870 relating to the latest version of State of Oregon’s BOLI Prevailing Wage Rates.
Single point of contact: Submit all technical, bidding and contract questions to Tracy Davis, Purchasing Analyst, in writing via email at Tracy.Davis@eweb.org. DO NOT contact the project team without prior approval by the Purchasing Analyst.
Tracy Davis, EWEB Purchasing Analyst
ISSUED: March 25, 2020
PUBLISHED in Portland Business Tribune: March 27, 2020.